Cannabis Concentrates: What Is Live Resin? There is a new special form of BHO making
25 Random facts about marijuana
1. Research has found that smoking cannabis/pot in your teens can lead to a decline in I.Q., but similar effects were not seen in those who started smoking as adults.
2. In 2008, a British man was sentenced to four years in jail in Dubai after Customs officers found 0.003 grams (0.0001 ounces) of cannabis in a cigarette stub stuck on the sole of one his shoes.
3. Cannabis is the largest cash crop in the U.S., exceeding corn and wheat combine
4. Although cannabis is illegal in Australia, there’s a town in New South Wales revolving almost only around weed selling and weed tourism where cannabis is both sold and grown openly.
5. In North Korea, distribution, possession and consumption of cannabis is very legal, and is recommended as a healthier alternative to tobacco. “Visitors tell stories of marijuana plants growing freely by roadsides.”
6. The Scooby-Doo movie (2002) was originally going to be dark and PG-13, with marijuana jokes and a side relationship between Velma and Daphne
7. The first e-commerce transaction to take place on the Internet was the sale of cannabis
8. Dr. James C. Munch testified in court, under oath, that he had smoked marijuana, and it turned him into a bat. Dr. Munch was the “official expert” on marijuana for the U.S. government from 1938 to 1962
9. In Colorado, medical marijuana dispensaries outnumber Starbucks locations 3 to 1
10. In The Evil Dead, the original script called for all the characters to be smoking marijuana when they are first listening to the tape. The actors decided to try this for real, and the entire scene had to be later re-shot due to their uncontrollable behavior.
11-15 Interesting Facts About Marijuana
Carl Sagan-Interesting Facts About Marijuana
11. Carl Sagan wrote a paper under the pseudonym Mr. X advocating for Marijuana use. His identity as Mr. X was not revealed until after his death
12. After Tupac was cremated, his ashes were mixed with marijuana and smoked by members of his hip-hop group, Outlawz.
13. Rastafarians are legally allowed to possess marijuana in Italy due to it being a ‘sacrament’ to the religion.
14. Marijuana’s effects on teenage girls’ brain is much more serious than the very moderate effects on the teenage male
15. During Prohibition, Pharmacies sold “Medicinal Whiskey,” much like today’s Medicinal Marijuana.
16. In Bhutan, marijuana grows wild and is more common than regular grass. However, virtually no one smokes it. Instead it is the number one source of feed for pigs. – Source
17. There are four people in the US who not only can get legal marijuana, but the federal government sends it to them, free.
18. In 1876, the Sultan of Turkey gave marijuana to the United States as a gift. By 1880, Turkish smoking parlors were opened all over the northeastern U.S.
19. A pot smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response. – Source
20. Research has found that Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as THC (the main active component of marijuana), has a growth-inhibiting effect on the cancer cells in liver.
21. The word “canvas” is derived from the word “cannabis” because canvas used to be made from hemp fiber.
22. Marijuana seeds are a source of all amino acids. They are one of only a handful of substances that man can sustain off indefinitely with no other food and provide all known amino acids.
23. The University of Mississippi operates the United States’ only legal marijuana farm, on behalf of the government.
24. US, Canadian and Australian consumption of cannabis per capita is more than double that of the Dutch, despite it being legal in Netherlands.
25. Cannabis grew rampantly in Brooklyn around 1951 before being eradicated by the Sanitation Department